[FAR-West] far west AGE

Russ & Julie's House Concerts houseconcerts at jrp-graphics.com
Wed Nov 11 18:22:25 EST 2009

I'm with Michael Kelly on this.  I saw quite a number of "younger"
people attending the conference and performing and I'm surprised to
hear people speak to the contrary.

Having said this, we can always use more younger people and I'm all
in favor of outreach to younger artists.  At the very least, they
have much to learn from older, more experienced artists.  And often
I'm amazed at the talent from some of these younger artists.

FAR-West has always stressed diversity and inclusiveness and I think
this is exceptionally important and a key to our success.  We need to
continue to reach out to under-represented segments of our musical
family.

By the way Michael, it was great to see Sligo Rags at the conference.

Russ Paris
Russ & Julie's House Concerts
http://www.houseconcerts.us
www.myspace.com/russjuliehouseconcerts