[FAR-West] Upcoming Shows and Thank You

Bruce Hayden Folkmuse at thefolkmuse.com
Tue Jan 6 13:16:22 EST 2009

I am posting this from Rita Hosking. She returned from Austin Texas where
she recorded her upcoming CD. She had some outstanding people helping her
with the production and studio work.

Rita won the Dave Carter Song writing contest in Sisters Oregon this last
September and is booked for the Kate Wolf Festival in June. Things are
looking up for her. She has taken a sabbatical from her teaching job to
promote her song writing.

Bruce Hayden
~

Happy New Year,

I hope yours is going well.  Music is good--new album is getting mixed (and
sounding great,) and we have some winter shows lined up.  Last weekend's
Jan. 3rd show in Placerville at the Cozmic Cafe was a sold-out, fabulous
crowd, and what a way to start the year!  I hope that those folks in the
area that wanted to come can make the Palms this Sat., or the Sutter Creek
show Feb. 13th.

A huge thank-you to you all who have been so helpful in attending concerts,
purchasing music, and keeping in touch.  You keep us going, and we are
eternally grateful for that.  With hard times befalling many, we know this
is no small feat. Thank you to all of you who continue to support music,
musicians, and venues.

Here's to a healthy and happy 2009!  Here are some dates to start us off:

-Jan. 10th, 2009 Winters, CA  (quartet)    The Palms Playhouse, with Fur
Dixon and Steve Werner,  www.palmsplayhouse.com  For our friends Fur and
Steve, www.myspace.com/furandsteve

-Jan. 15th, 2009 Cottage Grove, OR (duo)  The Axe and Fiddle, 8pm
www.axeandfiddle.com

-Jan. 16th, 2009 Corvallis, OR (duo) Corvallis House Concert, 7:30pm.  For
reservations and further info, contact Diane Arney at (541)753-0762 or
dianearney at msn.com ..

-Jan. 18th, 2009 Florence, OR (duo)  Winter Folk Festival, Florence Events
Center, 10:30am  www.winterfolkfestival.org

-Jan. 31st, 2009 Colfax, CA (trio or quartet)  Evangelines' Cafe-- I've
heard rumour that this is sold-out already, but you could check by calling
530-346-8833 or come by the shop at #5 West Depot St., Colfax.

-Feb. 9th, 2009 Berkeley, CA (quartet)   The Freight and Salvage (along with
Nell Robinson and Red Level, and Belle Monroe and the Brewglass Boys, part
of the San Francisco Bluegrass and Old Time Fest.)  www.thefreight.org

-Feb. 13th, 2009 Sutter Creek, CA (quartet)  The Sutter Creek Theatre, a
double bill with Bill Evans and Megan Lynch  www.suttercreektheater.com

-Feb. 17th, 2009 Tarzana, CA (duo)  Braemar Country Club, Southern CA
Bluegrass Association Showcase  www.socalbluegrass.org  Opening for the
Stagerobbers.

-Feb. 19th, 2009 Altadena, CA  (duo)  The Coffee Gallery Backstage
www.coffeegallery.com  With Fur Dixon and Steve Werner!

Do you myspace? Be my friend!  http://www.myspace.com/ritahosking Do you
facebook?  I "kinda" do--look me up!   Please keep in touch, and hope to see
you out there.

Thank you, and Best to You and Yours,

Rita Hosking (plus the Cousins: Sean Jack, Andy Jack and Bill Jack)
www.ritahosking.com , www.myspace.com/ritahosking

Database version: 5.11480