[FAR-West] -s- Re: Portland

Ariella St. Clair astclair at mind.net
Wed Oct 18 00:11:58 EDT 2006

As much as I would love to have Far-West in Ashland, getting here is
not easy.  Airfare is much more expensive.  The nearest airport is
Medford, about 20 minutes away.  Medford is a possibility, except the
same issue of airfare.

There is only one hotel in Ashland that could accommodate a large
conference and that's the Windmill Inn of Ashland.  It's not downtown
but they do run shuttles.

The Oregon Shakespeare Festival does not do shows in November.  It
runs February through October. It has two indoor theaters and one
outdoor theater.

I would recommend Eugene if not Portland.  However, I think there
must be hotels in Portland that can accommodate a conference like ours.

Ariella St. Clair
St. Clair Productions
PO Box 835, Ashland, OR 97520
541-535-3562